We have a guest blogger today! One of our recent brides, Lauren, has created this “how-to” do flowers tutorial for your wedding! Follow the links below the pictures to discover more ideas.
Lets talk about flowers! Flowers are gorgeous and they can make a room, a venue, or your work desk complete. There are so many different shades, textures and detail in each one. When it comes to weddings, brides are always thinking of cute new ways to style and design the natural and beautiful thing to complete their vision. Did I mention how amazing they smell?
Here are a few fun ways to incorporate flowers on your big day:
1. Add a delicate and simple flower crown to your veil.
Stone Fox Bride
2. Belt your bridal party with flowers to bring texture and natural beauty to their attire.
Toss the Bouquet from Amanda Jaffe on Vimeo.
3. Will you be walking down the isle in sand? This is a cute addition to a beach wedding where the sand is soft, the view is gorgeous and the company is ready to celebrate.
4. Here is a fun and amazing prop that can be used for your photo sesh in between the ceremony & reception.
5. And if you are anything like me, adding initials to your big day is a total must. Maybe have a monogram above your sweetheart table? Or spell out the word SWEET or XOXO at your dessert bar? Having these letters filled with gorgeous flowers instantly adds to your big day.
6. And who wouldn’t want to escape in an adorable convertible with floral garland on the back? This makes a cute way to say “Au Revoir” to your guest and an amazing shot taken by the photographer.
xoxo Lauren Gallucci
Sara and Greg are quite the traveling couple! They met at a 4th of July party in Baltimore, and their first kiss was in Dallas during New Year’s Eve. After Sara’s nursing assignment finished in Fresno, California Greg flew out to meet her and they road tripped back to the East Coast together. A year and a half later, they drove back across the country to move to San Diego, California. Now that is some major road-tripping!
Sara told us, “Greg proposed while we were sailing on the Pacific Ocean, Kelly Clarkson sang ‘Tie the Knot,’ Greg made a ring out of foil to propose with, then surprised me with a diamond ring that was hidden in the cabin of the boat.” The adventurous bride and groom to be can’t wait to party with friends and family this Saturday, and we couldn’t be happier for them!
Photo Credit: Brandon Russell
A few months back I coordinated one of Jesenia’s best friend’s wedding. Since Jes was a bridesmaid, she had to practice some major self control by giving up the clipboard and enjoying herself as a guest, and for those of you who know her well this was a challenge to say the least. Well this weekend the roles are reversed, and I could not be more excited! I get to see one of my best friends walk down the isle, and I know she is in amazing hands with my partner in crime coordinating her big day.
For the last 14 years I have watched Lauren grow into the beautiful, confident and successful person she is today, and seeing her relationship with Justin grow has been such a joy. There is no doubt that Lauren and Justin are perfect for each other – and as Lauren said when they met “It was a match made in gluten free heaven.” At Ooh La Love we feel so blessed to be a part of your big day, and wish you two a lifetime of happiness! Now let’s party!
Kim and Mitchell met their junior year at Westmont College in Santa Barbara through a mutual friend and shortly after that became boyfriend and girlfriend. At the couples favorite beach, Bacara Beach, Mitchell proposed to Kim. Kim told us, “I obviously said yes! Everything in my hands ended up in the sand, he put the most beautiful ring on my finger and for the first time in a long time I was absolutely speechless.” They celebrated their picturesque engagement with their family and friends that same night. This Sunday Kim and Mitchell will be getting married in Camarillo, California and we can’t wait to send them off to their honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico.